Sunday, June 21, 2015
"Climbing the Corporate Ladder," Puzzle by Timothy Polin
Edited by Will Shortz
Seven answers that step upwards with a corporate name as the central down answer constitutes the main feature of this Sunday crossword:
- POSTAGE STAMP with SEGA (31A. What may be forever?; 14D. Video games)
- TRUE/FALSE TESTS with TESLA (34A. Exams that students get F’s on?; 5D. Automobiles)
- THREE KINGS DAY with NIKE (62A. Annual celebration on January 6; 47D. Sportswear)
- IN THAT RESPECT with SERTA (75A. When viewed one way; 55D. Mattresses)
- HOW WAS I TO KNOW with OTIS (82A. Response deflecting blame; 68D. Elevators)
- SETS IN MOTION with OMNI (116A. Initiates; 101D. Hotels)
- LOGICAL FALLACY with AFLAC (118A. Part of an unsound argument; 99D. Insurance)
Other — ASHBIN (16D. Garbage collector); HANNIBAL (82D. General defeated by Scipio, ending the Second Punic War); HOLY WATER (35A. Liquid harmful to vampires); IDLE HANDS (97A. The Devil’s workshop, as the saying goes); INSIDIOUS (75D. Sneaky); MEETING UP (54D. Getting together); RICE CAKES (37D. Crunchy snacks); SEAT BELTS (49A. Lighted icons on airplanes); SEXOLOGY (9D. Study for a Masters?); SUGARLOAF (2D. Ro de Janeiro peak); THE ARTIST (65A. First silent film to win Best Picture since “Wings”).
or Right click and select “Open Link in New Window".
Puzzle available on the internet at
THE NEW YORK TIMES — Crossword Puzzles and Games.